Here at Red Velvet we think that no-carb diets are as sinister as inverted umbrellas or forcing someone to walk through New York’s Times Square.
We love carbs just as much as we love that green juice smoothie (it’s all about balance, friends), and there are moments in life when you’ve got to just say YES I WANT THAT DONUT. After all, life is about enjoying the little (or giant cupcake) pleasures.
Carbs don’t count when:
- You’ve had a bad day and need something sweet to cope.
- You’ve had a good day and need something sweet to celebrate.
- It’s sweater season so you get to eat up.
- It’s bikini season so you still get to eat up.
- It’s someone’s birthday, and you have a slice of cake.
- It’s no one’s birthday, but the waiter just brought out a bread basket.
- It’s no one’s birthday, but you made yourself a cake — and can eat it too.
- You worked out really hard and earned it.
- You think you remember working out kinda hard once like five years ago so you earned it anyway.
- Your mom gave you a Red Velvet subscription because it’s your birthday.
- You gave yourself a Red Velvet subscription because it’s a Tuesday.
- You go on a date, and your potential lover insists on getting ice cream after dinner.
- You go on a date, and you insist on getting ice cream after dinner.
- You take yourself out on a date to get ice cream.
- You smell pizza.